CLOSE
Loading...
23° Nicosia,
25 May, 2019
 
Home  /  News

Teen suffers burns in fireplace incident

Fire fighters respond to a series of heating-related fire incidents

Newsroom

A 13-year-old girl who suffered second and third degree burns in Paphos in a fireplace incident has been transferred to Nicosia General Hospital due to her serious condition.

The girl, who attempted to start a fireplace fire at her residence in Paphos over the weakend, suffered second and thirds degree burns and was rushed to the Emergency Room at Paphos General Hospital. Reports said she had burns in the face, her upper right arm and shoulder.

The condition of the early teen was initially described as serious but doctors later downgraded her condition to stable

The condition of the early teen was initially described as serious and she was transferred to Nicosia General, where doctors later downgraded her condition to stable.

Fire fighters, who rushed to the scene, managed to put out the fire but not without extensive damage caused inside the residence. No damages were reported in adjacent homes.

Another fire broke out in Nicosia on Sunday, in a Kaimakli home, where residents left clothes to dry near a heater. They managed to escape the fire and no injuries were reported.

Days earlier, a British senior citizen also escaped a fire in her apartment in Paphos, where preliminary findings pointed to an electric blanket as the likely cause.

TAGS
Cyprus  |  Nicosia  |  Paphos  |  fire  |  fireplace  |  heating  |  blanket  |  clothes  |  Kaimakli  |  hospital  |  burn  |  teen  |  ambulance

News: Latest Articles

X