The police have announced road closures due to the upcoming military parade celebrating the Republic of Cyprus's independence on October 1, 2023. These closures will impact various routes during specific times:
- Joseph X Joseph Avenue, from Spyros Kyprianou Avenue intersection to Athalassa Avenue intersection, will be closed from 07:00 to 13:30.
- Spyros Kyprianou Avenue, from Cheriou roundabout to Joseph X Joseph Avenue intersection, will be closed from 07:00 to 13:00.
- Dimitris Vikelas Street, from Spyros Kyprianou Avenue to Independence Avenue (GSP) roundabout, will be closed from 05:30 to 13:00.
- Pericles Street, from Joseph X Joseph Avenue to Yannitson Street junction, will be closed from 09:00 to 13:00.
- Stavros Avenue, from Joseph X Joseph Avenue to Yannitson Street junction, will be closed from 09:00 to 13:30.
- Athalassa Avenue, from Joseph X Joseph Avenue to Limassol Avenue junction, will be blocked from 09:00 to 13:30 to facilitate parade units' departure.
During these closures, drivers traveling outside Nicosia should use the Nicosia - Limassol motorway via Limassol Avenue (Lights Good Evening) and the Cheriou bypass (Halepiana exit). Those heading to Nicosia are advised to follow the same routes.
For local travel within the area bounded by Athalassa, Joseph X Joseph, Spyros Kyprianou avenues, and the Limassol - Nicosia motorway, access via the Limassol - Nicosia motorway exit near the Olympic Hall and exiting via Spyros Kyprianou Avenue near the church of Panagia tou Trachona is recommended.
Drivers are reminded to follow the instructions of police officers on duty, and the use of drones is prohibited during this event.