https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/fresh-details-in-strovolos-double-murder
The Strovolos double murder trial is set to continue on Wednesday, following documentary evidence that stirred up the courtroom last week and a new crime scene investigation requested by the defence...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/yeroskipou-dog-mauling-trial-pushed-back
The homicide trial in the death of Petruna Nikolova, who was found fatally injured in a field in Yeroskipou back in February, has been pushed back to next year due to the defence attorney’s absence abroad...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/cmp-recovers-remains-belonging-to-a-greek-cypriot-in-sinda
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/false-start-in-strovolos-double-murder-trial
The Strovolos double murder trial has been pushed back following a hold up with the lawyer of one of the suspects who said charges against his client were not clear...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/strovolos-double-murder-trial-continues
The trial in the Strovolos double murder continues on Wednesday, with prosecution and defence trying to agree on a list of witnesses and asking for a bigger courtroom...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/excavation-for-missing-underway-in-nicosia
More excavations are underway for the search of missing Cypriots who went missing during the ethnic conflict on the island half a century ago...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/defence-minister-rolls-out-reforms
Exam grades will no longer be a factor in promoting military commissioned officers, while reservists will have more flexibility to show up for training according to upcoming changes...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/suspect-in-weapons-stash-linked-to-tavern-attack
An 82-year-old suspect, who was detained last week for an old weapons cache discovery, was remanded in custody over the weekend in connection with the Strovolos tavern bomb attack...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/strovolos-double-murder-suspect-pleads-not-guilty
The main suspect in the Strovolos double murder case has officially changed his plea on Monday, prior to a scheduled sentencing, making the work of the prosecutors more difficult as they relied on the testimonies of fellow suspects...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/strovolos-double-murder-suspects-get-high
The chief of police has ordered an internal probe to establish how and when three of the four suspects in the Strovolos double murder case “got high” on the day of their court appearance earlier this week...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/tavern-bomb-suspect-remanded-by-nicosia-court
A 36-year-old bomb suspect has been remanded in custody for four days in connection with a double attack last week that targeted a Nicosia pub and the owner’s residence...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/tzionis-takes-back-guilty-plea
The lawyer of 33-year-old Loizos Tzionis, the main suspect in the double Strovolos murder, told the criminal court his client plans to change his plea on at least some charges...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/nicosia-man-arrested-in-tavern-bomb-attacks
Cops have arrested a suspect in the double bomb attack on two consecutive nights against a night club tavern in west Nicosia under new management...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/strovolos-double-murder-trial-on-shaky-ground
The trial of the four suspects in April’s shocking double murder in Nicosia is set to continue on Monday, with media reports hinting at a possible major upset in the case...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/north-and-south-assess-tornado-damages
The government in the Republic of Cyprus is paying upfront for damages caused by tornado in rural Nicosia, while unprecedented destruction also took place in the north...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/tornado-sweeps-across-parts-of-rural-nicosia
A huge tornado sweeping though rural areas west of Nicosia made landfall Sunday afternoon spreading panic among local residents and causing damages along the way...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/nicosia-residents-alarmed-over-low-flying-chopper
Nicosia residents were alarmed over a helicopter flying at an unusually low altitude on Friday morning, with police saying the chopper was on a traffic recognizance mission...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/dentist-couple-fails-to-make-bail
The two dentists, accused of practicing the profession illegally, are set to appear before a criminal court next month, while they remain in jail for failure to make bail...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/nicosia-taken-up-by-storm
The capital of Cyprus was soaked in a short-lived yet powerful storm Sunday afternoon, with officials responding to multiple calls for floods and fallen trees, and an advocacy group calling for better preparedness next time...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/court-orders-dentists-remain-in-custody
A Nicosia District Court judge ordered two dentists, husband and wife, to remain in police custody for eight more days as police continue to investigate fraud allegations and dentist registration violations...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/dentist-couple-arrested-on-fraud-charges
Two dentists, husband and wife, were remanded for eight days on Wednesday facing a number of charges involving allegations of using fraudulent diplomas and violating dentist registration laws...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/cyprus-picks-up-the-pace-in-search-of-missing
More exhumations are in the works by the Committee of Missing Persons, starting on Monday on both sides of the island, including areas inside military zones in the north...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/strovolos-garbage-collectors-get-back-to-work
Strovolos garbage collectors have agreed to get back to work in exchange of the municipality dropping plans to buy partial services from the private sector at least until November...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/strovolos-garbage-collectors-go-on-strike
Garbage collectors in Nicosia’s Strovolos municipality are going on a 48-hour strike Thursday to protest city council plans that would add private crews to waste collection...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/police-criticised-over-woman-s-arrest-in-hit-and-run-murder
Police are pushing back on criticism over the arrest of a 23-year-old female in Sunday’s hit-and-run murder, where a Briton was run down moments after stopping the woman’s boyfriend from abusing her at a bar in Coral Bay...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/nicosia-helps-refugees-gain-better-skills
Nineteen refugees, migrants, and asylum seekers came together in Strovolos on Sunday, as part of the “Colourful Societies” programme that helps foreigners integrate socially and gain job skills...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/biker-dies-in-strovolos-road-collision
A biker from Lakatamia lost his life Sunday in a deadly collision in Strovolos, after his motorbike slammed into a car in front of him...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/driver-gets-nine-months-in-nicosia-fatal-road-accident
A 73-year-old man was sentenced to nine months for involuntary manslaughter in the death of a 38-year-old mother, who was fatally struck as she was crossing the street with her 6-year-old son...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/strovolos-double-murder-suspects-enter-plea
The arraignment of the four suspects in the Strovolos double murder took place Wednesday morning, the main suspect pleading guilty to seven charges before the Nicosia Criminal Court...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/lawyer-accuses-police-of-double-standards-in-waitress-death
Police are scrambling to move an investigation forward that left a 24-year-old waitress dead in Nicosia, with the family’s lawyer accusing cops of double standards...