https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/boris-johnson-spends-night-in-hospital
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was still in hospital on Monday suffering persistent coronavirus symptoms 10 days after testing positive for the virus, although Downing Street said he remained in charge of the government...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/france-stands-by-greece-and-cyprus-says-french-defense-minister
France will stand by Greece and Cyprus, supporting both in their disputes with Turkey over maritime zones in the Mediterranean, French Defence Minister Florence Parly was quoted saying in a Greek newspaper on Sunday....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/controversial-plans-for-new-quarry-halted
A meeting held at the Environment Ministry on Thursday put an end to controversial plans to create a quarry zone in the Larnaca District, after civil society raised a ruckus over the thousands of trees that would need to be axed to make way for the quarry....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/findings-of-probe-into-police-mishandling-of-serial-killer-s-victims-delivered-to-attorney-general
Findings of an independent investigation into police mishandling of reports of missing persons which later emerged as victims of the island’s first serial killer, Nicos Metaxas, were delivered to the Attorney-General on Thursday, though their publication is illegal, the lead investigator said....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/more-work-needed-in-serial-killer-probe
More statements described as “necessary” and some changes are being sought in the serial killer probe, which has identified so far two dozen officers for failing to do their job in handling cases of missing women and children who were later found murdered in Cyprus...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/officers-named-in-serial-killer-probe
An independent probe into police handling of missing complaints in the serial killer case has been completed, with investigators naming some 20 officers for failing to do their job...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/un-clears-suspected-landmines-in-cyprus
UNFICYP announced on Monday the clearance of nine suspected hazardous areas each on both sides of the divided island, amounting to a total area of 210,882 square meters...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/anastasiades-we-accept-political-equality
In this context and following a call from the Secretary General for an agreed basis for the resumption of negotiations, there is an understanding by the leaders of the two communities that the relevant “Terms of Reference” should comprise the following elements:
...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/thomas-cook-crash-is-dry-run-for-brexit-failures
Social historians will mourn the demise of the world’s oldest travel company, founded by a Baptist carpenter in northern England in 1841; their corporate counterparts will not. With more than 500 high street outlets, Thomas Cook demonstrated a stunning inability to adapt to changing travel habits. The rise of budget airlines and disruptors like Airbnb combined with the weak pound and the unusually hot summer of 2018 to kill off the company which had suffered a near-death experience in 2011.
...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/coca-cola-hellenic-buys-out-acque-minerali
Local Coke bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic (CCHBC) has made its second buyout of 2019, acquiring Italy’s Acque Minerali, which is active in the domain of bottled water and refreshments.
...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/filipino-tv-airs-cypriot-serial-killer-episode
A drama series in the Philippines is airing an episode that tells the harrowing tale of overseas Filipino workers based on the serial killer case in Cyprus...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/funeral-held-for-arian
Friends and relatives of Arian attended her funeral on Thursday, five months after the body of the young Filipina was discovered in an abandoned mine shaft outside Nicosia...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/cocaine-found-on-cypriot-flagged-ship
Twenty-two seamen on board the Cyprus-flagged UBC Savannah have been detained in Mexico on suspicion of illegal drug trafficking...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/britain-begins-escorting-all-uk-vessels-through-hormuz-strait
Britain has started sending a warship to accompany all British-flagged vessels through the Strait of Hormuz, a change in policy announced on Thursday after the government previously said it did not have resources to do so.
...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/community-bids-farewell-to-sierra
The funeral of little Sierra, the youngest of seven victims in the Orestis serial killer case, was held on Sunday, exactly three months after the body of her mother was discovered in an abandoned well...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/citizens-praised-for-helping-police
Dozens of citizens got praise from authorities during a police award ceremony on Wednesday in recognition of their role in combating crime...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/serial-killer-s-sim-card-points-to-more-women
A mobile phone SIM card that was destined for convicted serial killer Nikos Metaxas in prison could possibly hold key information that may be of interest to crime investigators...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/comment/opinion/the-liberal-narrative-and-the-risks
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/orestis-case-over-but-details-still-shocking
Cypriot serial killer Nikos Metaxas began serving seven life sentences following his trial on Monday, with the public still trying to process the horrifying details of the case and possible future legal steps...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/orestis-trial-starts-monday
The alleged serial killer in the “Orestis case” has been ordered to appear for his arraignment on Monday, where he will formerly answer to seven murder charges and one rape...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/motive-behind-tanker-attacks-unclear
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/police-need-more-time-to-prosecute-orestis
Alleged serial killer Nikos Metaxas was remanded for another eight days on Friday, with prosecutors scrambling to build a solid case while trying to minimize the possibility of factual or legal errors...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/diver-s-words-resonate-through-memi-lake
A brief exchange between a supervisor and his diver who found the body of little Sierra in Memi Lake has resonated with the Cypriot public, as shock and disbelief still continue in the serial killer case...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/body-found-in-memi-lake
A human body believed to be Sierra has been found in Memi Lake, with reports saying state forensic pathologists are rushing to the scene...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/partial-drain-at-memi-lake-to-go-forward
Divers can expect a less difficult task at Memi Lake in the search for little Sierra, following a decision by the Water Development Department to allow a partial drain to lower the water level...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/first-lawsuit-against-police-in-orestis-case
A lawsuit against the police is expected to be filed Tuesday in the serial killer case, with a lawyer saying his client is seeking damages but also trying to protect evidence and testimonies that could “vanish” in the future...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/police-renew-efforts-in-search-for-sierra
Robotic cameras head back in the water on Monday in search for little Sierra, with officials still contemplating a partial drain of the lake...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/police-lineup-scheduled-in-serial-killer-case
A Nicosia judge has renewed the remand for the main suspect in the serial killer case, with prosecutors hinting at a police lineup as a next step in the investigation...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/difficult-search-ahead-in-memi-lake
Divers head to Memi Lake to search for a little girl, one of seven victims in the serial killer case, one day after a third body was recovered from the red lake...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/filipina-who-escaped-orestis-speaks-out
New information emerged about the alleged serial killer, with another woman from the Philippines coming forward with shocking details of how she escaped alleged serial killer Nikos Metaxas days before the first body discovery...