https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/health-experts-from-both-sides-discuss-developing-covid-19-situation
The developing coronavirus situation on both sides of the Cyprus divide was discussed on Wednesday by the bicommunal technical committee on health, which convened via teleconference with the participation of epidemiologists of the Greek Cypriot and the Turkish Cypriot side....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/police-raid-brothel-in-nicosia
Nicosia police arrested a local man and took seven women into protective custody following a raid at an old hotel described as a front for prostitution...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/police-prepping-for-intense-checks-over-weekend
Police will be conducting targeted and intensive inspections over the weekend to check whether food and drink businesses are adhering to health and safety protocols, the force’s spokesperson Christos Andreou said Friday....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/eu-to-ease-virus-travel-bans-from-july-1-but-not-to-all
The European Union on Thursday announced plans to ease a ban on nonessential travel to the continent, with foreign students, non-EU nationals who normally live in Europe and certain highly skilled workers likely to be exempt from the coronavirus restrictions from July 1....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/coronavirus-icu-builders-turn-down-bonus
The contractors who built an Intensive Care Unit in less than a month at Nicosia General Hospital have returned their bonus check, offering the money as a donation to the state to buy ICU equipment...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/beaches-and-pools-safe-danger-lies-in-close-contact
Close contact poses a risk of transmitting coronavirus and not going to beaches, Lecturer of Internal Medicine & Infection Prevention and Control at the European University of Cyprus, Constantinos Tsioutis said Monday....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/five-new-cases-emerge-after-over-two-thousand-samples-processed
Five new coronavirus cases were confirmed in the Republic of Cyprus on Wednesday which saw the processing of over two thousand samples in labs across the island....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/cyprus-records-third-least-coronavirus-cases-in-eu
Among all European countries, Cyprus has so far recorded the third least coronavirus cases, data released by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control on Wednesday showed....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/athens-decides-in-favor-of-face-masks
With the easing of lockdown restrictions imminent, the Health Ministry has decided in favor of the mandatory use of face masks in closed crowded places such as grocery stores, hospitals, clinics, hairdressers etc...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/cypriots-told-to-mask-up-this-summer
The use of face masks is recommended but not required in the Republic of Cyprus, while Turkish Cypriots in the north are being told medical masks are mandatory during Ramadan...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/new-sos-app-for-abuse-victims-to-be-launched-soon
An SOS mobile application for abuse victims will be launched in the coming days, President of NGO Phoni, Anastasia Papadopoulou, said on Tuesday....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/eu-unveils-virus-exit-roadmap-hoping-to-avoid-more-chaos
The European Union moved Wednesday to head off a chaotic and potentially disastrous easing of restrictions that are limiting the spread of the coronavirus, warning its 27 nations to move very cautiously as they return to normal life and base their actions on scientific advice....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/to-wear-or-not-to-wear
Recommendations on the use of face masks vary in the Republic of Cyprus, in the midst of a full-blown coronavirus pandemic, with members of the public essentially making that call based on the latest information they can find...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/ngos-raise-alarm-over-inhumane-conditions-at-overcrowded-migrant-detention-camp
Two migrant and refugee support NGOs, Cyprus Refugee Council and Caritas Cyprus, have raised the alarm over the inhumane conditions that have developed in the Kokkinitrimithia camp, particularly since the coronavirus pandemic broke out on the island....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/domestic-violence-cases-continue-on-concerning-upward-trend
The coronavirus outbreak has brought about a disturbing surge in cases of domestic violence, with the 1440 helpline receiving over 2,000 calls between the date of the confirmation of the island’s first coronavirus case and March 31....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/help-from-china-on-the-way
The Chinese ambassador in Nicosia says Cyprus has recently taken “powerful and appropriate” measures in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, adding that help from China is on the way...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/president-unnecessary-travel-strictly-prohibited
Addressing the nation on Monday night for the second time since the coronavirus pandemic broke out in Cyprus in early March, President Nicos Anastasiades announced that all unnecessary travel will be banned as of 6pm on Tuesday until April 13....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/health-minister-better-safe-than-sorry
The top priority at the moment is to ensure the health of each person individually and of the public as a whole, Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou said on Friday, stressing that “I prefer to take painful decisions, even if they prove excessive in the end, rather than to remain unprotected.”...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/domestic-violence-up-by-30-since-first-covid-19-case-confirmed
A domestic violence helpline saw calls rise by 30% between March 9, when the first coronavirus case was confirmed in Cyprus, and March 17, the Association for the Prevention and Handling of Violence in the Family said....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/confirmed-coronavirus-cases-rise-to-49-in-the-south
Three new coronavirus cases were confirmed on Tuesday, bringing the total to 49 in the south....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/president-partial-lockdown-of-airports-schools-to-remain-closed-until-april-10
President Nicos Anastasiades addressed the nation on Friday night after the week saw cumulative confirmations of coronavirus cases across the divide....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/eu-slams-trump-s-europe-travel-ban
The European Union has slammed the new anti-virus travel ban announced by US President Donald Trump, lashing out at an “unilateral” decision taken “without consultation.”...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/health-minister-issues-decree-banning-gatherings-of-over-75-persons
A decree issued by the Health Minister on Wednesday solidified the government decision to ban public and private gatherings of over 75 persons....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/business/alpha-bank-supports-cyprus-association-of-kidney-patients-friends
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/food-products-imported-from-china-safe-for-consumers
Scientific evidence obtained so far from European bodies and the WHO show that food products imported from China do not pose a health risk to EU citizens and by extension Cypriot consumers....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/over-1300-coronavirus-checks-performed-at-airports
Personal hygiene and voluntary restriction of social activities are of the most effective shields against the novel coronavirus, Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou said on Wednesday in a press conference shared with several medical experts....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/residents-up-in-arms-over-virus-camp
Local residents in rural Nicosia are reacting to government plans aimed at establishing a quarantine facility in their area to treat potential confirmed coronavirus cases in Cyprus...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/officials-deny-weak-spots-in-virus-front-lines
State health officials have denounced questions in the media over the handling of the coronavirus risk at airports, saying the image of the Republic of Cyprus was at stake...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/health-minister-travels-to-brussels-for-extraordinary-eu-coronavirus-meeting
Amid growing concerns over coronavirus, Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou will be rushing to Brussels on Wednesday after the European Union called for an emergency meeting of EU Health Ministers on Thursday....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/china-scientists-identify-pangolin-as-possible-coronavirus-host
The deadly coronavirus outbreak in China could have spread from bats to humans through the illegal traffic of pangolins, the world’s only scaly mammals, which are prized in Asia for food and medicine, Chinese researchers said....