Source: Evening Standard
The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Covid-19 for the second time and is now self-isolating, Clarence House has said on Twitter.
In a statement, Clarence House said: “This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating.
“HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today's events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible.”
His latest positive test for virus comes after he attended a black-tie event held by the British Asian Trust at the British Museum on Wednesday night.
He gave a speech at the event to around 350 guests, which included Chancellor Rishi Sunak, Home Secretary Priti Patel and Health Secretary Sajid Javid.
The 73-year-old previously tested positive for Covid at the beginning of the pandemic, in March 2020.
He spent his seven days of quarantine at his Birkhall home on the royal Balmoral estate in Scotland.
However, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, was tested and did not have the virus.
He later told broadcasters that he "got away with it quite lightly" and only experienced mild symptoms.
Speaking to Sky News in June 2020 about his first positive Covid case, he said: “I was lucky in my case... but I've had it, and I can so understand what other people have gone through.”
He added: “I feel particularly for those who have lost their loved ones and have been unable to be with them at the time. That, to me, is the most ghastly thing”.
Prince Charles had been due to unveil a statue to Licoricia of Winchester later Thursday.