According to an announcement from the Ministry of Health, the Epidemiological Surveillance Unit has re-evaluated the risk category of some countries and the following changes will apply from Thursday, October 14, 2021:
1. The following countries, previously in Orange category, are now classified as Green:
• United Arab Emirates
2. The following countries, previously in Green category, are now classified as Orange:
• Czech Republic
3. Luxembourg is has moved from Red to Orange category.
4. Slovakia has moved from Orange to Red Category.
For informational purposes, below you will find a summary of country categories and requirements. Please note that the information below is frequently updated and may change at any time. You are urged to contact the Ministry of Health or your airline representative to get the most updated information:
Green countries - Low risk countries
• Member States of the European Union: Malta, Poland
• Members of the Schengen area: Liechtenstein
• Third countries: United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Kuwait, New Zealand
**No PCR test or quarantine is required for travellers coming in from Greec category countries.
Orange Countries - Medium risk countries
• Member States of the European Union: France, Denmark, Greece, Spain, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Hungary, Portugal, Portugal , Finland
• Small States: Andorra, Vatican City
• Schengen Area Members: Iceland, Norway
• Third Countries: Australia, Japan, Qatar, China (Including Hong Kong, Macau), Bahrain, Uruguay, R
**Passengers from Orange countries are required to undergo a PCR laboratory test within 72 hours prior to departure and to have a certificate showing a negative PCR test for the virus.
Red Countries - High risk countries
Countries • Member States of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Germany, Estonia, Ireland, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Lithuania, Lithuania, Lithuania, Lithuania
• Small States: Monaco, San Marino
• Schengen Area Members: Switzerland,
• Third Countries: Egypt, Armenia, Georgia, United States of America, United Kingdom, Israel, Canada, Belarus, Lebanon, South Korea, Ukraine, Singapore
**Passengers coming from the Red category countries are required: a) have a laboratory test within 72 hours before departure and to have a certificate which shows a negative PCR test for the virus and b) perform a COVID laboratory test upon arrival in the Republic of Cyprus.
The cost of the PCR test is bourne by the traveller and they are obliged to remain in self-isolation until results of the test on arrival confirm negative results.
Gray Category Countries (Special Permission):
Countries not listed above in the Green, Orange and Red categories are considered to be in the Gray Category (Special Permission). Check with the Ministry of Health for entry requirements.