CLOSE
Loading...
12° Nicosia,
16 April, 2021
 
Home  /  News

Health Ministry announces two deaths, 133 new cases

The new cases emerged after 30,333 tests were conducted

Newsroom

The Health Ministry on Wednesday announced two coronavirus fatalities and 133 new cases, raising the death toll to 210 and total cases detected so far to 31,512.

The fatalities involved an 88-year-old man, a 54-year-old woman and an 84-year-old man, both of whom suffered from underlying health conditions.

The new cases emerged after 30,333 tests were conducted. Of the 133 new cases, 68 involved people who tested positive to a rapid test.

The remaining 32 were contacts, 23 were people who took the initiative to get tested, while 10 were people who got tested at general hospitals.

Cyprus hospitals are currently treating 113 coronavirus patients, 34 of which are in critical condition.

31 patients are in the Famagusta general hospital, four of which are in the ICU. The Nicosia general hospital is also treating 42 patients, 36 of which are in the ICU. 38 more coronavirus patients are at the Limassol general hospital where six are in the ICU, while two more are at the Makario hospital in Nicosia.

TAGS
Cyprus  |  health  |  coronavirus  |  pandemic

News: Latest Articles

Karayiannis said the situation at the moment is not stable, featuring ups and downs ranging from 400 to 600 cases daily, making it difficult for safe conclusions to be drawn

Easter relaxations up in the air

Expert Petros Karayiannis said certain relaxations might be made, such as the number of persons allowed to attend church ...
Newsroom
 |  NEWS
X