Three teenagers have been arrested in connection with a bomb threat against a state school in Limassol earlier this week.
According to police, three suspects were detained on Friday evening following an investigation into a phone prank on April 8 that caused a vocational public school in Limassol to be evacuated.
Police investigators were led to the young males, two aged 17 and one aged 16, during the course of the investigation regarding a phone call that was placed on Monday around 9:15am. Officials said the prank took place at a phone booth outside the First Technical School, according to Kathimerini Cyprus.
Officials said the prank call was made at a phone booth outside the First Technical School
According to police sources, the suspects admitted to their offences and were released after being charged.
The caller had warned of a bomb threat at the school, prompting officers from the bomb squad unit to rush to the school, where a complete evacuation had been ordered.
Police told Knews no other arrests were made in connection with multiple bomb threats against schools in different cities that turned out to be hoaxes. Earlier there were also multiple evacuations due to bomb scares at malls and a flight at Larnaca International Airport that was ready to take off.
Knews understands that a male student, who was considered a person of interest, was scheduled to talk to investigators on Thursday, in the presence of his parents or legal guardians. Media sources said officials zeroed-in on the student in connection with three school evacuations in Paphos earlier that day.