https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/flight-ban-extended-for-two-weeks
A universal flight ban in the Republic of Cyprus was extended on Thursday for two more weeks, as health officials this week are closely monitoring the effectiveness of all measures taken on the island so far...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/president-stricter-measures-necessary-but-undergoes-severe-crisis-of-conscience
In a Facebook post on Tuesday President Nicos Anastasiades said he undergoes “a severe crisis of conscience” every time the Government is required to enforce stricter measures to contain the coronavirus pandemic, but said that current circumstances necessitate that tougher measures are taken....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/business/corporate-social-responsibility-and-corporates-response-to-covid19
The long-term debate over CSR is concerned with whose interests should be attended to, shareholders or stakeholders, and this is actually the debate of the two competing theories over the purpose of the modern business firm...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/business/tax-alert-cyprus
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/minister-lashes-out-at-decree-violators
Cypriot Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou called on members of the public to “drastically limit their contacts in order for the effort against coronavirus to work” as police fined a record number of violations on Sunday...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/coronavirus-death-toll-rises-in-cyprus
One more coronavirus-related death was announced on Sunday in the Republic of Cyprus, as new confirmed cases are on the rise and health professionals begin to fear the worst...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/decree-bans-export-of-medicine
A decree issued by the Health Minister on Friday banned the export of all medicine from Cyprus to any other country, including EU Member States....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/cyprus-court-issues-first-penalties-for-decree-violations
The first two penalties were issued by a Cyprus court on Friday to violators of the decree restricting movement to the bare minimum....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/cabinet-approves-bill-allowing-courts-to-send-violators-of-covid-19-decrees-to-prison
The Cabinet on Thursday approved a bill allowing authorities to impose €150 fines on violators of the decrees issued on the basis of the Quarantine Law, while a second bill given the green light authorizes certain cases to go to court which will be able to impose a prison sentence and/or a fine of up to €3,000....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/people-told-to-‘drive-through-for-testing
Twenty confirmed cases of coronavirus are currently being treated at Famagusta General Hospital, where a drive through testing process was set up to keep those on the front lines safe...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/police-clamp-down-on-unjustified-movements
Police in the Republic of Cyprus have been checking motorists and pedestrians for possible curfew violations, with 123 individuals found to be in violation of a decree on movement restrictions on Wednesday...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/sms-service-8998-back-online
The SMS service 8998 was once again up and running on Thursday morning, with replies sent back almost instantaneously in both Greek and English...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/new-decree-enforces-a-ban-on-car-sales-exempts-certain-groups-from-movement-ban
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/sms-service-8998-back-in-operation
The SMS service, operated by the government to enforce movement restrictions amid the coronavirus crisis, was back up and running smoothly on Wednesday morning, while the President of the Republic has warned that a total curfew would be in place if people abuse the service...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/president-unnecessary-travel-strictly-prohibited
Addressing the nation on Monday night for the second time since the coronavirus pandemic broke out in Cyprus in early March, President Nicos Anastasiades announced that all unnecessary travel will be banned as of 6pm on Tuesday until April 13....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/police-file-15-more-reports-against-crowd-ban-violations
Over the last two days police have filed 15 reports against violations of the crowd ban decree forbidding outdoor gatherings of over 75 people, in place since early March in a bid to contain the spread of coronavirus....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/second-paphos-private-hospital-to-limit-operations-after-covid-19-confirmation
The Evangelismos private hospital in Paphos became the second private hospital in the city on the southwest coast to limit its operations after a doctor working there tested positive for coronavirus on Friday....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/cyprus-follows-through-with-chartered-flights
Cypriots stranded in the UK will be repatriated with two chartered flights, after the government revised its decision of asking citizens who traveled abroad to stay put...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/all-medical-professionals-under-one-roof
The services of all doctors and nurses in both state and private sectors came under one roof on Friday, following a requisition order in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/government-supermarkets-closures-curfew-not-on-the-table
Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou said in a tweet on Thursday that the government has no intension of shutting supermarkets, urging the public to avoid clustering in supermarkets....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/paphos-airport-on-alert-after-woman-arrives-with-high-fever
Paphos airport was on alert on Thursday after a woman who had flown in from Malta showed symptoms of high fever when tested by airport medics....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/repatriations-cutting-it-close-to-universal-ban
Hundreds of citizens have asked to be repatriated to the Republic of Cyprus, prompting the government to seek options to beat a universal ban on all flights that goes into effect on Saturday...
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/1-transport-minister-flight-ban-to-apply-to-all-countries
Transport Minister Yiannis Karousos on Wednesday rectified previous statements over a flight ban to be imposed on 28 countries as of Saturday, stressing that the ban will be universal....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/cyprus-to-ban-flights-from-28-countries
As of Saturday, flights to the Larnaca and Paphos airports from 28 countries will be banned, Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou announced on Tuesday night, noting that this stricter measure does not affect cargo....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/cyprus-continues-to-violate-crowd-ban
Police continued to conduct checks to assure the enforcement of the Health Minister’s decree banning indoor gatherings of over 75 people, with seven reports filed on Monday against premises in Paphos, Larnaca, Nicosia, and Limassol....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/medical-authorities-scramble-to-stay-afloat-in-coronavirus-outbreak-turmoil
A 47-year-old confirmed coronavirus carrier who developed respiratory distress syndrome while under the watch of Famagusta General Hospital medics will be transferred to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Limassol General....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/police-file-two-more-reports-of-gatherings-over-75-people
Since the enforcement of the crowd ban decree by the Health Minister last week, police have conducted a sum of 1,390 checks and filed three reports against cases where they found over 75 people gathered under one roof....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/police-clamp-down-on-violations-of-mass-gatherings-ban
Cyprus police have ramped up efforts to crack down on any violations of the ban on indoor public and private gatherings of over 75 people, enforced through a decree issued by the Health Minister in a bid to contain the coronavirus outbreak....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/health-minister-issues-decree-banning-gatherings-of-over-75-persons
A decree issued by the Health Minister on Wednesday solidified the government decision to ban public and private gatherings of over 75 persons....
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/government-orders-the-extension-of-checkpoint-closures
The closure of all schools in Nicosia for three days, a ban on events and gatherings of over 75 people until March 31, as well as an across the board cancellation of all public events such as concerts and parades, are only some of the measures agreed by the Cabinet on Thursday in a bit to contain the coronavirus outbreak on the island....