CLOSE
Loading...
12° Nicosia,
05 April, 2025
 

Search

Displaying results 421-450 of 571 matches for query sentence.

421. Tzionis pleads guilty in Strovolos double murder

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/tzionis-says-he-will-admit-all-charges

Loizos Tzionis, the main defendant in the Strovolos double murder case, pleaded guilty to all charges on Wednesday, during drama in the courtroom as his co-defendant brother was being sentenced to prison on burglary charges...

422. Brother gets six years in Strovolos double murder

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/brother-gets-six-years-in-strovolos-double-murder-case

A criminal court in Nicosia passed a sentence of six years to Lefteris Solomou, the half-brother of the main defendant in the Strovolos double murder, on burglary charges only...

423. Man sentenced for stabbing unbegrudging friend

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/man-sentenced-for-stabbing-unbegrudging-friend

A man who stabbed his friend downtown Nicosia while being intoxicated has been sentenced to five years, with the victim reportedly saying he has forgiven his attacker...

424. Rape accuser jailed until court date

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/rape-accuser-jailed-until-court-date

A Famagusta district judge ordered a 19-year-old British female to stand trial in connection with gang rape allegations she had made against Israeli teens with her case ultimately falling apart...

425. North hands Rudolf over to south

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/north-hands-rudolf-over-to-south

Miroslav Balazovjech, also known as Rudolf who was wanted in connection with attempted murder, has been handed over to authorities in the Republic of Cyprus on Sunday...

426. Farewell for two more serial killer victims

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/farewell-for-two-more-serial-killer-victims

The funerals of Marry Rose and Maricar, two of seven victims of a convicted serial killer, took place on Thursday in Limassol and Larnaca...

427. Sentence in Strovolos double murder on hold

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/sentence-in-strovolos-double-murder-on-hold

A criminal court in Nicosia has sentenced Lefteris Solomou, the half-brother of his co-defendant in the Strovolos double murder, but details were left out due to a scheduled funeral on Wednesday afternoon...

428. Man gets ten years for molesting preteens

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/man-gets-ten-years-for-molesting-preteens

A local man has been sentenced to ten years in prison after he was found guilty in sex molestation case against two minors...

429. Coral Bay trial ends with sentence

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/coral-bay-trial-ends-with-sentence

The man who ran down Charlie Birch in Coral Bay last year has been sentenced to 2.5 years, following a protracted legal battle that had charges reduced twice in the course of the trial...

430. Man sentenced in arcade cannabis trial

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/man-sentenced-in-arcade-cannabis-trial

The main suspect in the cannabis-stuffed claw machine trial has been sentenced to 14 years, after refusing to reveal the brain behind the illegal operation...

431. Sara slams Tzionis with forgotten detail

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/shams-slams-tzionis-with-forgotten-detail

The former girlfriend of accused double murderer Loizos Tzionis says the defendant confided in her that he had been planning to rob the Strovolos couple, who were found stabbed to death in their home in April 2018...

432. Community bids farewell to Sierra

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/community-bids-farewell-to-sierra

The funeral of little Sierra, the youngest of seven victims in the Orestis serial killer case, was held on Sunday, exactly three months after the body of her mother was discovered in an abandoned well...

433. George Low murder still open case

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/george-low-murder-still-open-case

The unsolved murder of George Low was back in the headlines this week, with some new information about additional possible suspects and a frustration over two identified suspects who remain at large...

434. Father goes to prison for molesting daughter

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/father-sent-to-prison-for-molesting-daughter

A father in Nicosia was sentenced to seven years behind bars after he was found guilty for sexually molesting his own daughter...

435. Man gets eight years in mother's death

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/man-gets-eight-years-in-mother-s-death

A man who savagely attacked his mother last year was sentenced to eight years on Thursday, after he was convicted on manslaughter half a year after the incident...

436. Citizens praised for helping police

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/citizens-praised-for-helping-police

Dozens of citizens got praise from authorities during a police award ceremony on Wednesday in recognition of their role in combating crime...

437. Serial killer’s SIM card points to more women

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/serial-killer-s-sim-card-points-to-more-women

A mobile phone SIM card that was destined for convicted serial killer Nikos Metaxas in prison could possibly hold key information that may be of interest to crime investigators...

438. Job scammer gets seven years

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/job-scammer-gets-seven-years

A Tunisian man who has been sentenced to seven years on fraud-related charges after he was found guilty of conning 267 people by making empty job promises in France...

439. New SIM card found in Orestis’ pants

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/new-sim-card-found-in-orestis-pants

Prison guards discovered another SIM card in a pair of trousers destined for convicted serial killer Nikos Metaxas during a family visit...

440. ENT doctors slapped with new charges

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/ent-doctors-slapped-with-new-charges

A second case of corruption involving ENT doctors is taking place, following new evidence that came forth during a recent trial...

441. Supreme Court revises triple murder sentence

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/supreme-court-revises-limassol-triple-murder-sentence

Convicted killer Christakis Thoma, who knifed three men in Limassol over three years ago, will serve three consecutive life sentences after the Supreme Court changed his manslaughter sentence to premeditated murder...

442. Sex offender fined for flipping the bird

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/sex-offender-fined-for-flipping-the-bird

A pardoned sex offender has been fined €700 for flipping off the parents of his victim after getting out early...

443. Orestis case over but new details still shocking

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/orestis-case-over-but-details-still-shocking

Cypriot serial killer Nikos Metaxas began serving seven life sentences following his trial on Monday, with the public still trying to process the horrifying details of the case and possible future legal steps...

444. Tzionis changes plea on some charges

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/tzionis-changes-plea-on-some-charges

There were new developments on Monday in the Strovolos double murder trial, with the main defendant changing his plea to guilty on burglary and kidnapping, while still maintains his innocence on the murder charges...

445. Serial killer locked up for life

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/orestis-pleads-guilty-to-murder-charges

Nikos Metaxas was sentenced to life in prison on Monday for the murders of five women and two children, just hours after he pleaded guilty in an unprecedented serial killer case that shocked the public in Cyprus and overseas...

446. Tzionis backs away from plea change

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/tzionis-backs-away-from-plea-change

The defendant in the Strovolos double murder case has been given additional time to contemplate his answers to some of the charges against him...

447. Orestis trial starts Monday

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/orestis-trial-starts-monday

The alleged serial killer in the “Orestis case” has been ordered to appear for his arraignment on Monday, where he will formerly answer to seven murder charges and one rape...

448. Tzionis hints at a change of plea

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/tzionis-hints-at-a-change-of-plea

There are new developments in the Strovolos double murder trial, with reports saying the main defendant wishes to address the court over some of the charges against him and the prosecutor saying there can be no preconditions...

449. Man's 'poor upbringing' falls flat in court

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/man-s-poor-upbringing-argument-falls-flat-in-court

A convicted burglar in Limassol, who filed an appeal over the length of his sentence, failed to convince the court after arguing he was the product of poor upbringing that led him to criminal conduct...

450. UK Cypriot jailed for sexually abusing minors

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news/uk-cypriot-jailed-for-sexually-abusing-minors

A Cypriot man living the United Kingdom has been sentenced to prison for 14 years after being found guilty of sexual harassment of a boy and a girl many decades ago...

X