CLOSE
Loading...
26° Nicosia,
13 November, 2019
 
Home  /  News

Woman dies after clothes catch fire

Husband managed to put out flames but wife lost consciousness, died in Limassol hospital

Newsroom

An elderly woman in Limassol died in hospital following a fire incident, after her clothes caught fire as she was trying to move a heater.

According to local media, the fire took place Wednesday morning when an elderly woman attempted to move an indoor heater and her clothes caught fire.

Her husband reportedly managed to put out the flames but she began to lose consciousness. She was transported to the Emergency Room at Limassol General Hospital where she later died.

An autopsy scheduled for Thursday is expected to show the exact cause of death. The case is under investigation.

TAGS
Cyprus  |  Limassol  |  heater  |  fire  |  clothes  |  women  |  elderly  |  wife  |  husband  |  hospital  |  death  |  police

News: Latest Articles

Over half of OELMEK teachers say no to proposed strike on exam day, student body still planning walk out

Wars continue over semesters

Over half of OELMEK teachers say no to proposed strike on exam day, student body still planning walk out
Newsroom
 |  NEWS
X