The new President's term is scheduled to begin on March 1st when the confirmation ceremony of Nikos Christodoulides' hand-picked ministers will occur at the event hall of the presidential palace at 10 am, after which, the first cabinet meeting will take place.
During the ceremony, the Director of Etiquette will announce, based on the applicable order of etiquette, the names of the Ministers, as follows:
1. Minister of Foreign Affairs
2. Minister of Finance
3. Minister of Interior
4. Minister of Defense
5. Minister of Education, Sports and Youth
6. Minister of Transport, Communications and Works
7. Minister of Energy, Trade and Industry
8. Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment
9 Minister of Labor and Social Insurance
10. Minister of Justice and Public Order
11. Minister of Health
After the confirmation of the new Ministers, the Director of Etiquette will announce the names of the following Officials:
1. Government Representative
2. Deputy Minister to the President
3. Deputy Minister of Shipping to the President
4. Deputy Minister of Tourism to the President
5. Deputy Minister of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy to the President
6. Deputy Minister of Social Welfare to the President
7. Deputy Minister of Culture to the President
8. Director of the Office of the President of the Republic
9. Deputy Government Representative
10. Director of the Press Office of the President of the Republic
Commissioner Appointment Ceremony
The Director of Etiquette will then call the Commissioners, to receive their appointment from the President of the Republic, as follows:
1. Presidency Commissioner
2. Environment Commissioner
3. Citizen Commissioner
4. Gender Equality Commissioner
5. Commissioner Development of Mountain Communities
After the ceremony, the President of the Republic, accompanied by the Director of Etiquette, the members of the Council of Ministers, the appointed Officials and the Commissioners, will proceed to the statue of the Head of State Makarios, in the forecourt of the Presidential Palace, where the President of the Republic will swear an oath.
Subsequently, the President of the Republic, together with all the newly appointed persons, will gather at the entrance of the Presidential Palace to take the commemorative photo.
First Meeting of the new Council of Ministers
Next, the first meeting of the new Council of Ministers, of short duration, will take place.
After the end of the meeting of the new Cabinet, the Ministers/Deputy Ministers will depart for their Ministries/Deputy Ministries for the ceremonies of handing over/receiving their portfolios.
The portfolio of the new Government Representative and the new Ministers/Deputy Ministers will be taken over by their predecessors as follows:
The handover schedule below:
1 1 : 3 0 pm
Government Spokesperson (at the Press and Information Office)
1 2 : 0 0 pm
Minister of Finance
1 2 : 3 0 pm
Minister of the Interior
1 : 0 0 p.m.
Minister of Education, Sports and Youth
Minister of Transport, Communications and Works
1 : 3 0 p.m.
Minister of Energy, Trade and Industry
Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment
2 : 0 0 p.m.
Minister of Labor and Social Insurance
Minister of Justice and Public Order
2 : 3 0 p.m.
Minister of Health
Deputy Minister to the President
3 : 0 0 p.m.
Deputy Minister of Shipping to the President
(the portfolio will be delivered in Limassol)
Deputy Minister of Tourism despite the President
Deputy Minister of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy under the President
Deputy Minister of Social Welfare to the President
Deputy Minister of Culture to the President