12° Nicosia,
30 November, 2023
Home  /  News

Defendant of Kos murder case goes to prison

Denial of charges by accused amid ongoing investigation into killing of 27-year-old Anastasia

In a shocking development, the 32-year-old Bangladeshi man suspected of the murder of 27-year-old Anastasia on the Greek island of Kos has been transferred to Korydallos Prison. The case has captured public attention and sparked widespread outrage, prompting a thorough investigation by law enforcement authorities.

Following his initial testimony, the investigating judge ordered the temporary detention of the suspect. However, the accused vehemently denied all charges leveled against him, including abduction, rape, and the brutal murder of the young hotel employee.

The suspect's defense lawyer, Athena Fountotou, addressed the media, stating that her client firmly maintains his innocence and refutes the accusations brought against him. Fountotou emphasized the need for a fair and impartial trial, urging everyone to withhold judgment until all the facts have been presented.

Recent revelations from a report by the state channel shed new light on the case. According to the report, investigators have discovered that the 32-year-old suspect had allegedly conducted online searches related to methods of "disposing" of bodies and erasing digital traces. This disturbing detail raises further questions about the circumstances surrounding the crime and adds weight to the prosecution's case.

In a video documentary that has emerged as evidence, the footage captures the new girl, identified as Anastasia, leaving a location in the company of the 32-year-old suspect. The video then shows her getting on the back of the suspect's motorcycle, raising concerns about her well-being and potential involvement in the tragic events that unfolded.

Authorities involved in the investigation believe that the murder of Anastasia took place outside of her residence. Disturbingly, alongside her lifeless body, investigators discovered her blouse in a destroyed state, and her bag was found empty, devoid of any money or personal belongings.

Five days after the heinous crime, a breakthrough occurred when the victim's phone was finally located. The device was found a short distance away from the spot where it last emitted a signal. This discovery provides investigators with a potential lead to follow, hoping it will yield crucial information regarding the circumstances leading up to Anastasia's untimely demise.

As the investigation continues to unfold, the case has garnered significant attention, both nationally and internationally. The tragic loss of a young life has struck a chord with the public, leading to calls for justice and a thorough examination of the events surrounding the crime.

Law enforcement agencies, in coordination with the judicial system, are committed to conducting a meticulous investigation to uncover the truth and ensure that the perpetrator or perpetrators face the full extent of the law. The case serves as a stark reminder of the need to prioritize the safety and security of individuals within communities, while simultaneously upholding the principles of justice and due process.

Cyprus  |  prison  |  death

News: Latest Articles