Police say they doing a headcount at a Nicosia private school following a bomb threat on Friday morning.
According to Cyprus News Agency (CNA), a called made a bomb threat against Senior School in Nicosia around 8:20am, with school administration immediately notifying the police.
A law enforcement official told CNA that police officers who rushed to the school were said to be doing a head count in the main yard.
“We are at the school. Many of our units are already there. Students are at a safe location,” a police press officer said.
Officers from the bomb squad as well as canines form the K-9 unit were on site, scanning the area and carrying out an investigation.
Reports later said nothing suspicious had been found.