CLOSE
Loading...
12° Nicosia,
08 April, 2020
 
Home  /  News

Coronavirus protocols to be revised on Tuesday

Health Minister said the island may move to take additional measures, despite unchanged WHO guidelines

Newsroom / CNA

Cyprus’ Minister of Health Constantinos Ioannou assured on Monday that the Government was constantly following WHO and ECDC instructions on the coronavirus and was adjusting its action plan accordingly.

Ioannou said that a meeting has been called for Tuesday with the Epidemiological Surveillance Unit, to evaluate the protocols observed in Cyprus, based on available instructions issued by WHO and ECDC.

Ioannou also said that no revised instructions had been issued concerning travellers from Italy, South Korea or Iran, noting that it was not the proximity of countries with confirmed coronavirus cases that mattered, but rather the travellers arriving from those countries.

During Tuesday’s meeting, Ioannou said that “we will revisit current protocols, and discuss whether they need to be updated and if we as a country must take additional measures, regardless of the instructions in place.”

Commenting on a suspected COVID-19 case, Ioannou said the patient was still being treated and was under observation. He added that the patient will remain in isolation for a fortnight.

TAGS

News: Latest Articles

X