As part of efforts to strengthen the immunity of groups of the population most vulnerable to serious disease, the Ministry of Health informs that following the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers dated 14 September 2022, from Tuesday 20 September 2022, the age limit of persons who may receive the 3rd and 4th dose of the booster vaccines against COVID-19 is reduced.
Beneficiaries will be able to be served through the walk-in vaccination centers operating in all provinces, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
α) The booster/3rd dose will be administered to persons 12 years of age and older, provided that the five (5) month period has elapsed since the receipt of the 2nd dose.
The booster/3rd dose of vaccine is optional.
(b) The booster/4th dose, for the convenience of the public and to avoid any inconvenience, will be administered beginning September 20, 2022, to persons 50 years of age and older.
(c) Also, the enhanced/4th dose shall be administered from September 20, 2022:
- to persons living or working in nursing homes and closed structures regardless of age,
- health professionals of any age,
- pregnant women of any age,
- people over 12 years of age with:
- diabetes mellitus,
- severe obesity: BMI ≥40 or ≥35 with metabolic syndrome,
- severe chronic heart and vascular disease,
- chronic severe kidney disease,
- severe chronic liver disease,
- severe chronic neurological disease,
- in immunodeficient and immunosuppressed patients such as:
- in active treatment for solid tumors and hematological malignancies,
- with a history of solid organ transplantation receiving immunosuppressive therapy,
- with a history of hematopoietic organ transplantation of primary hematopoietic organs receiving immunosuppressive therapy,
- with hereditary immunodeficiency,
- HIV/AIDS infection,
- on immunosuppressive therapy including biological agents,
- with renal failure undergoing dialysis or peritoneal dialysis,
- with regard to cortisone intake, this refers to persons who have received or are receiving a total dose of '10 mg prednisone/day (=8 mg methylprednisolone) for one (1) month in the last six months,
provided that a period of five (5) months has elapsed since the booster/3rd dose.
Receipt of the booster/4th dose of vaccine is optional.
An identification document (identity card, passport) and a vaccination card must be presented in order to receive the vaccination.
Immunocompromised and immunocompromised patients may come to the vaccination centers on a walk-in basis by presenting a medical certificate from staff or a specialist doctor.
Nicosia: State Fair
Larnaca: Larnaca Old Hospital
Lemesos: Linoupetra Health Centre
Paphos: Paphos General Hospital
Famagusta: Famagusta Health Centre
Cyprus: Kyperounta Vaccination Centre (former SPC) Monday, Wednesday and Friday (09:30-13:30)
Polis Chrysochous: Polis Chrysochous Hospital (every Tuesday 09:30-13:30)